A highly nutritious and versatile ingredient that will become your kitchen staple. Ours is single-origin, fully traceable and cold-pressed immediately after extraction, leading to that unique and addictive buttery, nutty Arganic flavour.
Here are our top 10 ways to enjoy;
1. Simple and Delicious. Don’t over complicate things. Argan oil is a delicate flavour and extremely precious, so don’t let it get lost in a sea of overwhelming flavours. Garnishing a salad, risotto or pasta with our oil is enough to transform a dish.
2. Healthy Grains. Try using it with slow-releasing carbohydrates. These are incredibly healthy and have an earthy flavour, complementing the argan oil perfectly.
3. Veggies. Use it on simple one-vegetable dishes, like grilled aubergine, green beans, charred mushrooms, sweet potato and pumpkin. Another favourite is with grilled kohlrabi and artichoke.
4. Chargrill. Chargrilling or dry frying veggies gives them a beautiful colour and smoky taste. Drizzling the oil on top works a dream.
5. Pulses, Soups and Dips. Use argan oil as a final garnish to houmous, or other chickpea and bean dishes.
6. Nuts and Seeds. Nuts and Seeds are delicious and a great compliment to the natural nuttiness in the argan oil. Use them in salads, dips, pasta. (Don't grind the nut too fine otherwise the oil in the nut can overpower the flavour). I find argan oil with walnut an especially interesting combination.
7. Rustic and Easy. Why not just grab a rustic piece of bread and dunk it in argan oil! This way you can truly enjoy its natural fragrance.
8. Porridge. You will be surprised at how much a drizzle of argan oil can transform your breakfast. Turn the humble porridge into an exciting morning treat. Why not throw in some nuts, dates and figs as well.
9. Desserts. There is no reason to stick to only savoury dishes. Experiment with its sweetness. It can add a new dimension to fruit. Also with chocolate dishes as well as drizzled over ice creams.
10. Venture to the Mayo. If you want to get a bit more adventurous you can try making argan oil mayonnaise as a side for sweet potato chips.
By all means experiment, just keep the flavour profile simple. The possibilities are endless.
Written for us by our friend Ilyas Kassam, head chef of The Thinkers Balcony philosophy inspired dinners.